Bell TV is a satellite TV service offered by Bell Canada. As you subscribe to the service, you will get several devices such as the dish, receiver, and remote.
If you are installing a Bell TV for the first time, you will have to also set up the remote. Even if the remote has many buttons, it is very easy to connect to the TV.
Are you looking for a quick way to pair your Bell remote to your TV? Well, here are the settings that allow you to use the remote without any issues.
How to Set Up Bell Remote to Control TV
Bell remotes come in two forms – the Bell Satellite TV Remote ( for all receivers) and the slim remote for the 9500 and 7500 receivers. With this in mind, this guide has settings for this device.
But before you set up any of the remotes, ensure that the remote batteries are properly installed. Also, remove any items that might block the remote’s signals from reaching the TV.
How to Set Up the Slim Remote to Control Your TV
- Download the Remote Programming Code from the support page of the Bell TV Canada support page.
- Switch on the TV and the Bell TV satellite receiver
- Press the options button
- Continue holding the options button until the green indicator light blinks
- Open the downloaded Remote Programming Code Pdf. Then look for the code that suits your brand of TV. If you can’t find the codes for your TV, type in 0001 into the keypad.
- Type the four-digit -code on the remote. If the green light blinks twice, then you have set the remote correctly. But if the light blinks only once, you will have to try the settings again.
- Switch off the TV by pressing the Power key.
How to Set Up the Bell Satellite TV remote to Control Your TV.
Even if they come from the same brand, you can’t use the same settings for both remotes. So if you have the traditional, bulky Bell Satellite TV remote, use the following settings to set it up to control your TV.
- Download the Remote Programming Code from the support page of the Bell Canada website
- Press the AUX key until SAT, TV, VCR, and AUX keys show some lights.
- Release the TV key to make it make flash
- Look for the remote programming codes for your device and choose the right one for your TV.
- Enter the four-digit code by pressing the numeral pad on your remote control. Then press #. By now the TV will flash three times.
- Test the TV by pressing the Power button or any button. If the TV does not respond, you will have to try these settings for the second time.
How to Use Set Up the Bell TV Remote to Control Other Devices
Apart from controlling your TV, you can use the Bell TV remote to operate other devices. But before the device can perform this task, it would help if you had freshly charged batteries and enough space to use the remote.
How to Use a Slim Bell TV Remote to Operate a Receiver
You can set up a Slim Bell TV remote to control a receiver. Luckily, this task does not require many steps.
- Hold the Options button for three seconds
- Release the button as soon as the green indicator flashes twice.
- Type 0006 with your numeral pad. If the green indicator flashes twice again, then you have properly set the remote.
How to Set Up the Bell Satellite TV Remote to Operate a Receiver
- Head to the front of the receiver and hit the SYS INFO key.
- Hold the SAT key until the SAT, TV, VCR, and AUX buttons come on.
- Allow the SAT button to flash by releasing it.
- Choose a number between 0 -16. Type it in with the numeral keypad and press #.
- Type Record and Done.
How to Set Up the Bell Satellite Remote to Operate DVD, VCR, and Audio Equipment
- Download the Remote Programming Code from the Bell Canada website
- Hold the AUX button until the TV, SAT and AUX buttons come on.
- Allow the AUX button to flash by releasing it.
- Type in the code for your particular device ( DVD, VCR or audio equipment). Then press the # button. If you set the remote correctly, the indicator light will blink three times.
- Test the remote on the device. If it works, exit the Settings.
Setting up a Bell TV remote does not require much work or time. Try using our settings and you can set up any Bell TV remote within minutes. If the settings do not work for the remote, check the batteries. Besides, confirm if there is no obstacle between the remote and the TV.
- How to Set Your Insignia TV to 1080p
- How to Set Your Vizio TV to 1080p
- How to Set Up Bell Remote to Control TV
- How to Set Subtitles on LG TVs
- How to Set Sleep Timer on JVC Smart TV
- How to Get to Settings on LG TVs without Remote
- How to Get to Settings on Hisense TV without Remote
- How to Change Settings on Vizio TV without Remote
- How to Reset a Vizio TV with No Picture
- No Sound on Insignia TV with HDMI? Here’s the Fix!
- How to Reset a Samsung TV with Black Screen
- How to Reset a Hisense TV with No Picture