Insignia TVs is a TV brand that sells budget TVs. Even if they affordable, these TVs come with decent features that can impress various users. You can even get them in various sizes.
Some Insignia models support 1080p displays. However, the settings might become jumbled and reduce such screens to lesser screen formats.
You can set your Insignia TV back to its original 1080p format. But you will have to play around with some settings. Now let’s get started and learn how to enable 1080p on these devices.
How to Set Your Insignia TV to 1080p
Normally, an Insignia TV adjusts itself to 1080p especially if you connect it with an HDMI cable to a compatible input. However, you cannot set the TV resolution on the TV itself.
So how can you set the Insignia TV to 1080p? Well, since there are no resolution settings on the Insignia TV, you will have to set the resolution on the input. Examples of popular inputs include game consoles like the Xbox 360.
Let’s say you connected your Insignia TV to an Xbox 360. Use the following settings to change the picture quality to 1080p.
- Press the Guide key on the Xbox controller.
- Open the Settings menu
- Use the directional keys to scroll to the System settings
- Open Console settings
- Choose Display and scroll to HDTV Settings
- Select HDTV settings and choose 1080p
If you perform these settings correctly, your Insignia TV will offer a higher resolution of 1080p.
The Best Picture Settings for an Insignia 32″ 1080p TV.
Apart from setting the resolution of the television, you can also improve the graphics by adjusting a few settings on your television. Here are some settings that should offer top-quality images on an Insignia 1080p TV.
1. Settings for Watching Movies/ TV shows
If you are watching any SD content, the following settings will improve the graphics on your display.
- Choose Custom for Picture Mode
- Set Contrast to 100
- Leave Brightness on 0
- Adjust Backlight to 30
- Reduce the Color to -5
- Set the Tint to 0
Under the Advanced Settings tab, set the Mid Luminance Gamma to 5. Then turn off the Dynamic backlight, MPEG noise reduction, Dynamic Contrast, Dynamic Noise Reduction, MPEG Noise Reduction, and Mode Enhancer. Then set the HDMI mode to 2.0.
- Settings For HDR Content
- Set the Picture Mode to Custom
- Adjust Mid Luminance Gamma to -5
2. Settings For Gaming
- Set Picture Mode to PC
- Turn on Motion Processing
3. Settings as a Computer Monitor
Like most TVs, you can use an Insignia TV as a PC monitor. To view any content clearly, you should try the following settings. But if the settings do not meet your expectations, try adjusting the following values until you get better images.
- Set the Brightness to 50
- Leave the Backlight on 50.
- Set the Contrast to 50
- Leave the Color at 50
- Adjust Sharpness to 30
- Set the Aspect to Wide
- Adjust the Overscan to Off
- Set the Color Temperature to Normal
- Turn off the Noise Red
- Leave the Ad Contrast to Off
- Set DCR to Off
N.B. If the backlighting feels too bright, reduce it by a few figures. If you don’t know the best values to use, consider sticking to at least 45.
Can I Set My 720p Insignia TV to 1080p?
No, you cannot adjust a 720p Insignia TV to 1080p. However, you can adjust the settings on the input to increase the picture quality.
Insignia TVs are perfect for the budget consumer. After all, they come with various settings that improve your viewing experience.
However, the TV does not have any control over the resolution. With this in mind, you can’t set the TV to 1080p. If you want to get 1080p content, try setting the resolution on the input.
You can also improve your display by playing around with the picture settings. Try using our recommended values but if they don’t meet your preferences, change the values gradually until you get better-looking content. Moreover, you can seek extra help from a professional calibrator.
4k and 8k TVs also promise high-quality images. If you want incredible displays, you should consider investing in these devices. Although they might cost a fortune, they promise stunning graphics from all types of content.
- How to Set Your Insignia TV to 1080p
- How to Set Your Vizio TV to 1080p
- How to Set Up Bell Remote to Control TV
- How to Set Subtitles on LG TVs
- How to Set Sleep Timer on JVC Smart TV
- How to Get to Settings on LG TVs without Remote
- How to Get to Settings on Hisense TV without Remote
- How to Change Settings on Vizio TV without Remote
- How to Reset a Vizio TV with No Picture
- No Sound on Insignia TV with HDMI? Here’s the Fix!
- How to Reset a Samsung TV with Black Screen
- How to Reset a Hisense TV with No Picture