When you purchase a Vizio TV, it comes with several items including remote control. With this item, you can control and change settings on Vizio TV.
But if the Vizio remote gets missing or faulty, getting to the Settings tab might be difficult. So if you want to make any adjustments, you might have to get a new Vizio TV remote.
Before you head to the store, there are several ways to get to the Settings menu even without a remote. In this article, we will show you how to adjust different settings on your Vizio TV without bothering about expensive tools or gadgets.
How to Change the Settings on Vizio TV without a Remote
Here are some sure ways that you can tune your Vizio TV without using a remote control.
Try Using the Vizio Smartcast App
There are tons of remote control apps on the Google Playstore and the Apple store. With these devices, you can operate your Vizio TV without using the physical remote.
One of the popular apps for Vizio TVs is the Smartcast Remote App for Vizio. However, this app works best for the Vizio line of Smartcast TVs.
To download the app on your mobile device,
- Go to the Google Playstore or App Store and search for the Vizio Smartcast app
- Download and sign in as a Guest User
- Go to the upper part of the phone and click on Select Device
- Tap on the prompt to pair your TV with the app. It will offer a space to fill in a PIN code
- Look at the TV screen and look for the PIN code. When you find it, type it into the app.
- Wait for the virtual remote control screen to appear on your screen. When it appears, you can use the digital remote to adjust various settings on the Vizio TV.
Use the Physical Buttons on the TV
Even if they can perform limited settings, the buttons on your Vizio TV can adjust a few settings. For instance, you can use the buttons to reset the TV, set the inputs, and control the TV volume.
Now here are the steps for restoring the factory settings on the Vizio TV without using a remote.
- Turn on the TV
- Go to the back of the TV and find the buttons.
- Press and hold the volume down with input buttons ( at the same time)
- Wait for a message that tells you to press the Input button for 10 seconds.
- Remove your fingers from both buttons
- Press the Input button for ten seconds
- Wait for the display to reset.
Try Using the VizControl – TV Remote Control for Vizio TV
Apart from the Smartcast remote app, you can use the VizControl remote app. Instead of working on only Vizio smart cast TVs, this virtual device controls all models. But before you can use this app to set your TV, ensure your smartphone has an IR blaster.
The VizControl app looks like a real Vizio remote control. For this reason, it is easy to understand and use.
You can download the app from the Google Playstore or Apple Store. After pairing the app with your TV, it allows you to perform various settings without any issues.
Tips on Keeping Your Vizio Remote Control Safe
Although these methods can help you adjust your TV settings, they also have a few problems. For instance, the apps might be removed from Google Playstore or Apple App store. Moreover, the manual buttons might be faulty or non-existent.
For this reason, you should use the original remote control. If it doesn’t get missing, you won’t have to worry about using the TV without a remote.
Here are some tips that can keep your original Vizio TV remote safe from loss or damage.
- Keep the Vizio remote away from sofas or chairs.
- Consider using a remote control holder
- Get a GPS tracker for your Vizio remote control
- Place brightly colored tape to recognize the remote quickly.
- Keep the remote control from liquids or dirty hands.
If you have lost your Vizio remote, you can use the above tips to adjust the settings on your device. However, it is best if you found the original remote or get a replacement.
You can pick a new Vizio remote from a trusted dealership. If you can’t find one in your area, consider contacting the Vizio center. Besides, try to keep your remote safely from loss or damage.
- How to Set Your Insignia TV to 1080p
- How to Set Your Vizio TV to 1080p
- How to Set Up Bell Remote to Control TV
- How to Set Subtitles on LG TVs
- How to Set Sleep Timer on JVC Smart TV
- How to Get to Settings on LG TVs without Remote
- How to Get to Settings on Hisense TV without Remote
- How to Change Settings on Vizio TV without Remote
- How to Reset a Vizio TV with No Picture
- No Sound on Insignia TV with HDMI? Here’s the Fix!
- How to Reset a Samsung TV with Black Screen
- How to Reset a Hisense TV with No Picture