If you want to adjust the features of your LG TV, you will have to use the Settings menu. To get there quickly, it would help if you used the remote control.
But what if the remote gets missing or has a fault? Well if you have this issue, you might not be able to access the Settings menu.
Depending on the model, you might be able to get to Settings even without a remote. Now there are some interesting ways to get to settings without a remote control.
How to Get to Settings on LG TVs without Remote
Now here are various ways that you can reach the Settings menu. In this article, we will be focusing on several LG models.
How to Get to Settings with the LG TV Plus App
The LG TV Plus App comes as a virtual remote for your LG. After downloading it on your device, it can control the TV like a regular remote. Now here’s how to install and use this app.
To download the LG TV Plus, visit the Google Playstore and search for “LG TV Plus”. Download and install the app.
Now pair the LG TV Plus App with the LG Smart TV
- Open the LG TV Plus app
- If the TV and smartphone are on the WiFi network, the phone will ask if you want to pair it with the TV.
- Tap the message and see a PIN code on the TV screen.
- Enter the code into your phone. After this setting, your phone will become a virtual TV remote control.
To use the button to get to Settings:
- Press the Smart Home button on the LG Plus app
- Scroll to the Settings tabs and select it.
How to Go To Network Settings on LG TVs without using the LG Plus App or Remote Control
If you don’t have a remote, you can also try a USB – connected mouse to get to the Network settings or any other settings of your LG. As expected, this method works for LG Smart TVs.
- Connect the mouse to your LG Smart TV
- Press the button under the TV and choose Input.
- Use the mouse to click on Live TV
- Scroll downwards and click on Recommended
- A prompt will appear on the television saying “You are not connected to the Internet” Click on Yes
- Then the Network Settings will open. On the far left corner of the screen, you can also see the Picture, Audio, General, and other Settings menu.
How to Get to Settings without Remote ( LCD TVs)
Apart from Smart TVs, older models can also display the Settings mode without a remote control.
- Turn on the TV and press the Menu Key.
- Use the directional keys to scroll to any option. To enter the option, use the press the Menu.
Are there Other Functions that can Work without Using a Remote?
Yes, other functions can work without depending on the remote control. For instance, you can turn on the LG TV without pressing the remote buttons.
Besides, the TV allows you to switch inputs with the manual button. It is even possible to reset the TV settings without getting the remote settings.
Can I Use Voice Control to Go to the Settings?
No, you cannot use voice control to go to Settings. After all, voice control cannot work without the original remote. Besides, the commands can only be used to perform searches, set the volume, and adjust the volume.
Can I Use Alexa Or Google to Go to the Settings?
No, you cannot use virtual assistants to perform settings. But since these apps have regular upgrades, future versions might support this function.
Many people become confused especially after losing their remotes. If you fall in this group, you can use our guide to reach the Settings tab on an LG TV.
You can use the mobile app or a USB computer mouse. As expected, these devices can help you get to Settings within seconds.
Although these devices are ideal replacements for a lost remote, you should consider getting an original LG TV remote. When it comes down to it, the LG TV remote stands as the best way to control LG TVs.
You can pick an LG TV remote from a trusted online store. If you can’t find any in your location, contact the LG customer center for additional advice.